Senior Game Designer
- 30 Oct 2021
- Lahore, Pakistan
- WFH Flexible
- Game Design
Mindstorm Studios designs, develops, and markets some of the top games and interactive entertainment in the world today. That's the mission our founders began with back in 2006 and we continue to uphold and bring the highest quality products to market.
Mindstorm is partnered with Lion Studios, one of the world’s leading mobile games publishers, and we are headquartered in San Francisco with development in Lahore. Our products have been downloaded over 100 million times globally with #1 worldwide chart toppers like Super Salon, Flick Pool, and Alliance Wars.
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in game development to join our team so we can empower our talent to create world #1 games.
We are looking for a passionate and driven Game Designer to join our team in Lahore. You are a game fanatic. You understand the game design and development process. You want make a world class game and has a passion to do it, then this is you!
What will you be doing?
- Design, balance and evaluate both new and existing features for mobile free to play games
- Work closely with other designers, artists and engineers to create a fun and engaging gaming experience.
- Communicate designs to key stakeholders.
- Work with team leads to track, document and provide feedback on the creative vision for all features and systems in the game.
- Create and maintain game documentation.
- Analyze live game data, evaluate and iterate to tune and balance game economies and core combat to create awesome gameplay
- Optimize game monetization, engagement and retention through hypothesis based, data driven analysis.
- Create compelling game systems, economies & live events for millions of players to enjoy.
What are we looking for?
- BS/CS or Bachelors in Mathematics or similar disciplines
- 3-5 years of experience of working with casual/hyper-casual games.
- Passion for video games, including mobile games.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective spoken and written communication skills.
- Strong creative and editorial skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Good grasp of mathematical concepts
Things that get you extra points
- Ability to learn and stay in touch with evolving game standards and development technologies
- Familiarity with latest trending gameplay mechanics and successful games in the casual space..
- Understanding of ad monetization strategies and experience with AB testing.
- Passion for games with hands on experience playing mobile, console, and PC games
What are we offering?
Exposure: Best-in-class learning and exposure to the global game industry having top level game development know-how and career progression
Culture: A progressive team and unmatched work environment with a flat hierarchy where you take ownership of your goals and become part of a team that will support and help you succeed.
Vacations: 5 weeks’ paid time-off per annum, wedding/paternal leave, paid sick leave
Comprehensive Benefits: Provident fund, full healthcare (in-patient & out-patient), fuel allowance, subsidized lunches, fitness allowance, gadget discounts, yearly bonuses.
Perks: HR events, team lunches, movie nights, monthly birthdays, company retreats, games/sports competitions and much more!
Disclaimer: Mindstorm Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, & performance.