- 20 Sep 2021
- Lahore, Pakistan
Mindstorm Studios designs, develops, and markets some of the top games and interactive entertainment in the world today. That's the mission our founders began with back in 2006 and we continue to uphold and bring the highest quality products to market.
Mindstorm is partnered with Lion Studios, one of the world’s leading mobile games publishers, and we are headquartered in San Francisco with development in Lahore. Our products have been downloaded over 100 million times globally with #1 worldwide chart toppers like Super Salon, Flick Pool, and Alliance Wars.
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in game development to join our team so we can empower our talent to create world #1 games.
Mindstorm is looking to hire an ‘HR Specialist’. The ideal candidate will be embedded in within the Business area(s) which the role supports and work closely with the leadership teams of their respective Functions, supporting business strategies and plans through people solutions and programs.
What will you be doing?
- Understanding the business model at depth – getting to know and understand how the business operates, how it creates value, its strategic drivers and its purpose.
- Provide expertise and creativity to develop HR initiatives to support the business needs.
- Generating insight from HR data and evidence – utilizing and applying the evidence base to support business objectives or strategies
- Documentation: Composing staff handbooks, all pre/post hiring documentation (contracts and issuing written offers of employment), promotion, increments etc, maintain records of contracts
- Performance Management (Ratings calibration/Performance Improvement Plans)
- Ensure the effective achievement of functional objectives through the leadership across all business functions.
- Handling HR operations mainly including HRIS, Total Rewards, Healthcare issues/renewals, and Payroll assistance.
- Assistance to Accounts Dept. in payroll records for accuracy; makes necessary adjustments or corrections.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs incuding performance evaluation.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Grievance Handling
What are we looking for?
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least 3 years of human resource management experience preferred.
- A good listener of a team member’s concerns and is being empathetic. Goes the extra mile to resolve issues.
- Familiar with modern tools, knows recent industry trends
- Willing to get their hands dirty and dive into solving a problem, instead of delegating.
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders to get the work done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- People-oriented and results-driven
Things that get you extra points
- Strong influencing, communication and engagement skills, working with and through others.
- Analytical skills, insight and the ability to use results, data, facts, benchmarking, to build, inform and shape convincing business cases.
- Ability to blend both context and content to inform views and decision making.
- Role-modelling good people management behaviours and disciplines.
- Winning the trust of leaders, line managers and employees.
What are we offering?
Exposure: Best-in-class learning and exposure to the global game industry having top level game development know-how and career progression
Culture: A progressive team and unmatched work environment with a flat hierarchy where you take ownership of your goals and become part of a team that will support and help you succeed.
Vacations: 5 weeks’ paid time-off per annum, wedding/paternal leave, paid sick leave
Comprehensive Benefits: Provident fund, full healthcare (in-patient & out-patient), fuel allowance, subsidized lunches, fitness allowance, gadget discounts, yearly bonuses.
Perks: HR events, team lunches, movie nights, monthly birthdays, company retreats, games/sports competitions and much more!
Disclaimer: Mindstorm Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, & performance.