Talent & Culture Executive
- 20 Sep 2021
- Lahore, Pakistan
Mindstorm Studios designs, develops, and markets some of the top games and interactive entertainment in the world today. That's the mission our founders began with back in 2006 and we continue to uphold and bring the highest quality products to market.
Mindstorm is partnered with Lion Studios, one of the world’s leading mobile games publishers, and we are headquartered in San Francisco with development in Lahore. Our products have been downloaded over 100 million times globally with #1 worldwide chart toppers like Super Salon, Flick Pool, and Alliance Wars.
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in game development to join our team so we can empower our talent to create world #1 games.
Mindstorm is looking to hire an ‘HR Specialist’. The ideal candidate will be embedded in within the Business area(s) which the role supports and work closely with the leadership teams of their respective Functions, supporting business strategies and plans through people solutions and programs.
What will you be doing?
- Understanding the business model at depth – getting to know and understand how the business operates, how it creates value, its strategic drivers and its purpose.
- Effectively develop & implement People plans, which align with the overall People Strategy and the relevant Business strategy which this role supports.
Talent & Recruitment
- Develop and execute recruiting plans
- Review and coordinate candidate applications conducts phone interviews/ screenings as needed, refer candidates to hiring managers, and participate in applicant interviews as needed
- Network through industry contacts, social media, and employees
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need
- Collaborate with hiring managers to identify staffing needs, job specifications, duties and responsibilities, competencies, qualifications, and skills
- Driving employee engagement, culture.
- Builds relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, demonstrating, awareness/sensitivity of their different needs, backgrounds and cultures.
- Measure employee satisfaction and identify areas that require improvement
- Develop and maintain talent management processes and identify future staffing needs.
- Connecting with curiosity, purpose and impact – asking the right questions, crafting networks and understanding where HR can identify opportunities to create the most value.
- Drive Performance oriented & Engaging Culture through strong Performance Management practices, Engagement Programmes, Communications platforms etc.
- Motivate team members and create a team spirit is an integral part of your daily operating culture in order to create a good working atmosphere within Mindstorm.
- Establish excellent relationships with the employees to be able to offer guidance and advice when necessary
- As Talent & Culture Executive, you will be creating, embedding and maintaining a clear diversity and inclusion strategy.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least 3 years of human resource management experience preferred.
- A good listener of a team member’s concerns and is being empathetic. Goes the extra mile to resolve issues.
- Familiar with modern tools, knows recent industry trends
- Willing to get their hands dirty and dive into solving a problem, instead of delegating.
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders to get the work done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Someone with good Analytical skills, insight and the ability to use results, data, facts, benchmarking, to build, inform and shape convincing business cases.
Things that get you extra points
- Strong influencing, communication and engagement skills, working with and through others.
- Analytical skills, insight and the ability to use results, data, facts, benchmarking, to build, inform and shape convincing business cases.
- Ability to blend both context and content to inform views and decision making.
- Role-modelling good people management behaviours and disciplines.
- Winning the trust of leaders, line managers and employees.
- People-oriented and results-driven
What are we offering?
Exposure: Best-in-class learning and exposure to the global game industry having top level game development know-how and career progression
Culture: A progressive team and unmatched work environment with a flat hierarchy where you take ownership of your goals and become part of a team that will support and help you succeed.
Vacations: 5 weeks’ paid time-off per annum, wedding/paternal leave, paid sick leave
Comprehensive Benefits: Provident fund, full healthcare (in-patient & out-patient), fuel allowance, subsidized lunches, fitness allowance, gadget discounts, yearly bonuses.
Perks: HR events, team lunches, movie nights, monthly birthdays, company retreats, games/sports competitions and much more!
Disclaimer: Mindstorm Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, & performance.