Senior SQA Engineer
- 28 Feb 2022
- Lahore, Pakistan
Mindstorm Studios designs, develops, and markets some of the top games and interactive entertainment in the world today. That's the mission our founders began with back in 2006 and we continue to uphold and bring the highest quality products to market.
Mindstorm is partnered with Lion Studios, one of the world’s leading mobile games publishers, and we are headquartered in San Francisco with development in Lahore. Our products have been downloaded over 100 million times globally with #1 worldwide chart toppers like Super Salon, Flick Pool, and Alliance Wars.
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in game development to join our team so we can empower our talent to create world #1 games.
We are looking for a passionate and driven Senior SQA Engineer to join our team in Lahore. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has at least 3-4 years of mobile testing experience. Primary responsibilities will be to ensure product releases by Mindstorm are bug free and the testing plan is communicated to all stakeholders. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product are essential. If you are passionate about making games, this is the right place for you to jam!
What will you be doing?
- Manage assigned projects from quality testing through final user acceptance testing
- Define procedures for writing test cases and review test cases generated by other team members
- Direct the development, training and mentorship of other QA engineers
- Initiate new QA ideas and concepts to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the QA discipline within the studio
- Participate in all aspects of testing, including sanity/smoke, functional, non-functional, UI, usability, integration, regression and system testing
- Communicate with team members to establish an effective task pipeline
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems.
- Work with product teams and off-shore quality assurance team to ship world class hyper casual games.
What are we looking for?
- At least 3-4 years in software quality assurance - preferably in mobile applications / game development
- BS degree in computer science, quality assurance, game development or related fields; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 1 year of industry experience with mobile game development ( iOS & Android )
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Very strong problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Often plays mobile games
Things that get you extra points
- Prior experience with a well-known mobile title are a significant asset
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Ability to learn and stay in touch with evolving game standards and development technologies
- Familiarity with latest trending gameplay mechanics and successful games in the casual space..
- Understanding of ad monetization strategies and experience with AB testing.
- Passion for games with hands on experience playing mobile, console, and PC games
What are we offering?
Exposure: Best-in-class learning and exposure to the global game industry having top level game development know-how and career progression
Culture: A progressive team and unmatched work environment with a flat hierarchy where you take ownership of your goals and become part of a team that will support and help you succeed.
Vacations: 5 weeks’ paid time-off per annum, wedding/paternal leave, paid sick leave
Comprehensive Benefits: Provident fund, full healthcare (in-patient & out-patient), fuel allowance, subsidized lunches, fitness allowance, gadget discounts, yearly bonuses.
Perks: HR events, team lunches, movie nights, monthly birthdays, company retreats, games/sports competitions and much more!
Disclaimer: Mindstorm Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, & performance.