Mindstorm Studios designs, develops, and markets some of the top games and interactive entertainment in the world today. That's the mission our founders began with back in 2006 and we continue to uphold and bring the highest quality products to market.
Mindstorm is partnered with Lion Studios, one of the world’s leading mobile games publishers, and we are headquartered in San Francisco with development in Lahore. Our products have been downloaded over 100 million times globally with #1 worldwide chart toppers like Super Salon, Flick Pool, and Alliance Wars.
We are catalyzing game development across a population of 220M to become the next big hyper casual games powerhouse. Our core programs include internships, incubation, a nationwide fellowship program and year round game jam events.
This position will collaborate with a cross-functional team, including branding, marketing, industry initiatives and communication. You will create offline and online marketing material, animations, videos, infographics and web user interfaces while ensuring that our branding is consistent and appealing.
You will take ownership of design across a subset of areas including but not limited to outreach, events, communication, digital marketing & our studios website design. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product are essential.
If communication design is your strong suit, and you can deliver information through illustrations, graphics and patterns, we’d like to meet you.
What will you be doing?
- Work with marketing teams to translate their ideas into reality with beautiful illustrations, animations and digital media.
- Work with leadership to iterate and maintain branding guidelines for our digital presence & communication.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable design assets and illustrations.
- Work with the marketing team on needed art / illustrations for video content and social media posts.
- Assist marketing & communications team in video production and taking ownership of post-production.
What are we looking for?
- A BSc degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant qualification is beneficial but not required. Please do apply, If you think you're up for the job regardless of a relevant degree or not.
- At least 2 years of proven work experience as a Digital Media and Communication Designer, or similar role
- Portfolio of related works (e.g. logos, social media post designs, animations and videos)
- Hands-on experience of using video editing software FCPX ( final cut pro 10 ) or Adobe premiere pro.
- Hands-on experience with image editing and digital sketching software, like Photoshop, Indesign, XD, Figma and Adobe Illustrator
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts.
Things that get you extra points
- Passion for communication design and gaming industry.
- Appetite for producing a wide variety of content and keeping abreast of industry trends.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional self-organization skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Open to receive and act on constructive criticism.
- Capability to collaborate in an open team environment.
What are we offering?
Exposure: Best-in-class learning and exposure to the global game industry having top level game development know-how and career progression
Culture: A progressive team and unmatched work environment with a flat hierarchy where you take ownership of your goals and become part of a team that will support and help you succeed.
Vacations: 5 weeks’ paid time-off per annum, wedding/paternal leave, paid sick leave
Comprehensive Benefits: Provident fund, full healthcare (in-patient & out-patient), fuel allowance, subsidized lunches, fitness allowance, gadget discounts, yearly bonuses.
Perks: HR events, team lunches, movie nights, monthly birthdays, company retreats, games/sports competitions and much more!
Disclaimer: Mindstorm Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, & performance.