Senior UI/UX Designer (Mobile Games)
- Jun 30, 2023
- Lahore, Pakistan
- Market competitive
Mindstorm Studios designs, develops, and markets some of the top games and interactive entertainment in the world today. That's the mission our founders began with back in 2006 and we continue to uphold and bring the highest quality products to market.
Mindstorm is partnered with Lion Studios, one of the world’s leading mobile games publishers, and we are headquartered in San Francisco with development in Lahore. Our products have been downloaded over 100 million times globally with #1 worldwide chart toppers like Super Salon, Flick Pool, and Alliance Wars.
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in game development to join our team so we can empower our talent to create world #1 games.
We are looking for a passionate and driven UI/UX Designer to create amazing user experiences. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has an eye for clean and artful design, possesses superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
What will you be doing?
- Create interface assets (menus, animation, HUD, icons, buttons, etc.) + build wireframes and mockups.
- Work together with the Design team to shape UI and menu according to the gameplay needs and art direction
- Follow design documentation to translate high-level gameplay ideas into functional UI designs.
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Integrate your assets using our tools and engines
- Develop and refine your work based on feedback from collaborative teams (debug and optimize).
- Assure that game information is well conveyed through the various user interfaces
- Keep control of assets production, respecting technical constraints and optimization guideline.
What are we looking for?
- At least 3 years of experience in visual design or related experience
- Previous work experience as a User Interface Artist for at least 1 mobile game
- Previous experience in a graphic design role (portfolio needed)
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design tools
- Good Artistic skills (proportion, composition, color)
- Experience with Unity game engine (BONUS)
- A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit
Nice To Have:
- Love of mobile games: you’ll need to play a few competitor games extensively and try to deeply understand both our game and our competitors.
- Excellent cross-team communication skills.
- Excellent self-organization skills.
- Open to receive and act on constructive criticism.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an open team environment.
- A positive attitude and a commitment to bringing fresh ideas to the team and the game.
- Excellent work ethic with diligence in time keeping and focused attention to detail.
What are we offering?
- Exposure: Best-in-class learning and exposure to the global game industry having top level game development know-how and career progression
- Culture: A progressive team and unmatched work environment with a flat hierarchy where you take ownership of your goals and become part of a team that will support and help you succeed.
- Vacations: 5 weeks’ paid time-off per annum, wedding/paternal leave, paid sick leave
- Comprehensive Benefits: Provident fund, full healthcare (in-patient & out-patient), fuel allowance, subsidized lunches, fitness allowance, gadget discounts, yearly bonuses.
- Perks: HR events, team lunches, movie nights, monthly birthdays, company retreats, games/sports competitions and much more!
Disclaimer: Mindstorm Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, & performance.