Principal Server Engineer
- 05 Dec 2022
- Lahore, Pakistan
Principal Server Engineer
Mindstorm Studios is looking for a Principal Server Engineer. If you are a technology enthusiast and think you have what it takes to develop, maintain the back bone of hardcore multiplayer games played by millions of users, then you’re the one we’re looking for!
This is an offer to join a team of core game development professionals making original titles for the global market, competing with the best out there. Bring your A-game to the table, create and communicate your original ideas to our team, and influence and define the direction of our games to make something unforgettable!
As a Principal Server Engineer you will be responsible for managing the architecture and development life cycle for the server platforms of our flagship multiplayer mobile games. On a day to day basis you will be working with server engineers that report to you to create new features, optimize existing technologies, plan infrastructure and deliver the best customer experience possible. We constantly push the boundaries on what's possible with the latest cutting edge high-performance server technologies and you must have the ability to learn, adopt and then teach new technologies to engineers that report to you.
Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements:
- BS/MS degree required
- 6+ years of progressive experience; 2+ years’ experience with hands-on technical management of Software Developers and QA professionals
- Strong hands on experience with the core technologies listed above
- Realtime multiplayer backend development.
- PVP and PVE based tournaments. Match making based on user trophies and elo system.
- Social features like clans, chat, account connect using facebook and apple ids, chat, rewards, leaderboards etc.
- Experience taking a leading role in building high-performance complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Effective team leadership skills with passion for product excellence and top talent development and mentoring
- Lead roadmap planning and be responsible for excellent product delivery and quality
- Strong OO design and coding experience
- Hands on experience working with Agile development methods like Scrum
- Experience performing code reviews and design patterns
Things that get you extra points
- Strong understanding of the market and target audience for mobile games
- Very strong problem solving skills
- Passion for games with hands on experience playing mobile, console, and PC games
- Very strong math skills – you must be good with numbers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What are we offering?
- Exposure: Best-in-class learning and exposure to the global game industry having top level game development know-how and career progression
- Culture: A progressive team and unmatched work environment with a flat hierarchy where you take ownership of your goals and become part of a team that will support and help you succeed.
- Vacations: 5 weeks’ paid time-off per annum, wedding/paternal leave, paid sick leave
- Comprehensive Benefits: Provident fund, full healthcare (in-patient & out-patient), fuel allowance, subsidized lunches, fitness allowance, gadget discounts, yearly bonuses.
- Perks: HR events, team lunches, movie nights, monthly birthdays, company retreats, games/sports competitions and much more!
Disclaimer: Mindstorm Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, & performance.