Associate Game Developer
- Mar 31, 2023
- Lahore, Pakistan
Mindstorm Studios designs, develops, and markets some of the top games and interactive entertainment in the world today. That's the mission our founders began with back in 2006 and we continue to uphold and bring the highest quality products to market.
Mindstorm is partnered with Lion Studios, one of the world’s leading mobile games publishers, and we are headquartered in San Francisco with development in Lahore. Our products have been downloaded over 100 million times globally with #1 worldwide chart toppers like Super Salon, Flick Pool, and Alliance Wars.
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in game development to join our team so we can empower our talent to create world #1 games.
We are looking for a passionate and driven Associate Game Developer to join our team in Lahore. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has passion for building games. Primary responsibilities will be to implement game functionality translating design ideas, concepts, and requirements into a functional and engaging games. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product are essential. If you are passionate about making games, this is the right place for you to jam!
What will you be doing?
- Rapidly prototype different ideas & mechanics into fun and engaging gameplay experiences.
- Implement game mechanics, UI, animation, graphic effects while also solving fun, innovative, and creative gameplay challenges.
- Communicate with team members to establish an effective pipeline and integrate media assets.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Closely work with product managers to iterate on game economy, monetization strategy etc.
- Do Integrations for SDKs & services like Facebook, Adjust, Max, Firebase etc.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems.
- Work with product teams to ship world class games.
Things that get you extra points
- Ability to learn and stay in touch with evolving game standards and development technologies
- Familiarity with latest trending gameplay mechanics and successful games in the mobile space
- Passion for games with hands on experience playing mobile, console, and PC games
What are we looking for?
- BS in computer science, game development or related fields; or an equivalent combination of education and exposure
- Very strong problem solving skills with strong knowledge of data structures and basic algorithm
- Strong knowledge of C# and deep understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Understanding of Physics, Applied Maths and Linear Algebra.
- Passion for mobile game development ( iOS & Android).
- Familiarity with current design and architectural patterns
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git.
What are we offering?
- Exposure: Best-in-class learning and exposure to the global game industry having top level game development know-how and career progression
- Culture: A progressive team and unmatched work environment with a flat hierarchy where you take ownership of your goals and become part of a team that will support and help you succeed.
- Vacations: 5 weeks’ paid time-off per annum, wedding/paternal leave, paid sick leave
- Comprehensive Benefits: Provident fund, full healthcare (in-patient & out-patient), fuel allowance, subsidized lunches, fitness allowance, gadget discounts, yearly bonuses.
- Perks: HR events, team lunches, movie nights, monthly birthdays, company retreats, games/sports competitions and much more!
Disclaimer: Mindstorm Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, & performance.