Back End Engineer | Data Solutions Expert
- Lahore, Pakistan
Mindstorm Studios designs, develops, and markets some of the top games and interactive entertainment in the world today. That's the mission our founders began with back in 2006 and we continue to uphold and bring the highest quality products to market.
Mindstorm is partnered with Lion Studios, one of the world’s leading mobile games publishers, and we are headquartered in San Francisco with development in Lahore. Our products have been downloaded over 100 million times globally with #1 worldwide chart toppers like Super Salon, Flick Pool, Tile Garden and Alliance Wars.
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in game development to join our team so we can empower our talent to create world #1 games.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Back End Engineer to join our Lahore-based team. As a member of our team, you will play a crucial role in the development, maintenance, and deployment of internal tools designed to enhance and streamline our processes and workflows. Additionally, you will work closely with Product Managers to implement game analytics solutions, utilizing SQL/Snowflake, to effectively monitor game performance. This position holds significant importance within our data-driven game development approach and will have wide-ranging effects throughout the organization, from fostering and supporting a culture centered around data analysis to providing valuable insights that shape our product roadmaps.
What will you be doing?
- Architect, develop, and deploy game analytics solutions using SQL and Snowflake, enabling effective monitoring of game performance.
- Development of in-house tools using Python.These tools will help streamline various processes and workflows, making data analysis and reporting more efficient and accessible.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to understand game analytics requirements and translate them into scalable and efficient backend solutions.
- Develop and maintain server-side APIs and interfaces to facilitate seamless communication between the game client and the Backend server (Nakama).
- You will be actively involved in collaborating with Game Developers to add, deploy, and manage new features on Backend Server (Nakama).
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of experience working with SQL
- 1+ years of experience working with Python
- 1+ years of experience working AWS or Similar Cloud computing services
- 1+ years of experience working with events data from mobile apps
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, or equivalent
- Very strong problem solving skills with strong knowledge of data structures
- Ability to be-self sufficient and execute quickly when given autonomy
- Flexible team player who will thrive in a dynamic, constantly evolving environment
Things that get you extra points
- 1+ years of experience with Snowflake
- 1+ years of experience working with NodeJs/TypeScript
- Hands on experience with Looker/LookML
- Prior experience with a well-known mobile title are a significant asset
- Passion for games with hands on experience playing mobile, console, and PC games
What are we offering?
- Exposure: Best-in-class learning and exposure to the global game industry having top level game development know-how and career progression
- Culture: A progressive team and unmatched work environment with a flat hierarchy where you take ownership of your goals and become part of a team that will support and help you succeed.
- Vacations: 5 weeks’ paid time-off per annum, wedding/paternal leave, paid sick leave
- Comprehensive Benefits: Provident fund, full healthcare (in-patient & out-patient), fuel allowance, subsidized lunches, fitness allowance, gadget discounts, yearly bonuses.
- Perks: HR events, team lunches, movie nights, monthly birthdays, company retreats, games/sports competitions and much more!
Disclaimer: Mindstorm Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, & performance.