Backend Engineer | Data Solutions Engineer
- Lahore, Pakistan
Mindstorm Studios designs, develops, and markets some of the top games and interactive entertainment in the world today. That's the mission our founders began with back in 2006 and we continue to uphold and bring the highest quality products to market.
Mindstorm is partnered with Lion Studios, one of the world’s leading mobile games publishers, and we are headquartered in San Francisco with development in Lahore. Our products have been downloaded over 100 million times globally with #1 worldwide chart toppers like Super Salon, Flick Pool, Tile Garden and Alliance Wars.
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in game development to join our team so we can empower our talent to create world #1 games.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and dedicated engineer to join our Lahore-based team. As a member of our team, you will play a crucial role in the development, maintenance, and deployment of internal tools designed to enhance and streamline our processes and workflows. Additionally, you will work closely with Product Managers to implement game analytics solutions, utilizing SQL/Snowflake, to effectively monitor game performance. This position holds significant importance within our data-driven game development approach and will have wide-ranging effects throughout the organization, from fostering and supporting a culture centered around data analysis to providing valuable insights that shape our product roadmaps.
What will you be doing?
- Design, create, and implement game analytics solutions using SQL and Snowflake to effectively monitor game performance.
- Develop in-house tools using Python to enhance various processes and workflows, improving data analysis and reporting efficiency.
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers to understand game analytics needs and transform them into scalable backend solutions.
- Build and maintain server-side APIs and interfaces for seamless communication between the game client and the Backend server (Nakama).
- Play an active role in working with Game Developers to introduce, deploy, and manage new features on the Backend Server (Nakama).
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of experience working with SQL
- 1+ years of experience working with Python
- 1+ years of experience working with events data from mobile apps
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, or equivalent
- Very strong problem solving skills with strong knowledge of data structures
- Ability to be-self sufficient and execute quickly when given autonomy
- Flexible team player who will thrive in a dynamic, constantly evolving environment
Things that get you extra points
- 1+ years of experience with Snowflake
- 1+ years of experience working with TypeScript
- 1+ years of experience working AWS or Similar Cloud computing services
- Hands on experience with Looker/LookML
- Prior experience with a well-known mobile title are a significant asset
- Passion for games with hands on experience playing mobile, console, and PC games
What are we offering?
- Exposure: Best-in-class learning and exposure to the global game industry having top level game development know-how and career progression
- Culture: A progressive team and unmatched work environment with a flat hierarchy where you take ownership of your goals and become part of a team that will support and help you succeed.
- Vacations: 5 weeks’ paid time-off per annum, wedding/paternal leave, paid sick leave
- Comprehensive Benefits: Provident fund, full healthcare (in-patient & out-patient), fuel allowance, subsidized lunches, fitness allowance, gadget discounts, yearly bonuses.
- Perks: HR events, team lunches, movie nights, monthly birthdays, company retreats, games/sports competitions and much more!
Disclaimer: Mindstorm Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, & performance.