Senior UI/UX Designer (Mobile Games)
- 30 Jun 2022
- Lahore, Pakistan
- Market competitive
Mindstorm Studios designs, develops, and markets some of the top games and interactive entertainment in the world today. That's the mission our founders began with back in 2006 and we continue to uphold and bring the highest quality products to market.
Mindstorm is partnered with Lion Studios, one of the world’s leading mobile games publishers, and we are headquartered in San Francisco with development in Lahore. Our products have been downloaded over 100 million times globally with #1 worldwide chart toppers like Super Salon, Flick Pool, and Alliance Wars.
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in game development to join our team so we can empower our talent to create world #1 games.
We are looking for a passionate and driven UI/UX Designer to create amazing user experiences. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has an eye for clean and artful design, possesses superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
What will you be doing?
- Defining the overall vision for design of the game’s user interface
- Ensuring an overall high quality level of UI design and User Experience
- The creation and continued development of all aspects of a game’s UI, including but not limited to the game’s Menu System and HUD
- Help develop and communicate the game's UX to compliment the broader style
- Develop visual systems that achieve goals from both game design and UX perspectives
- Iterate designs according to work reviews, changing requirements, and user playtests
- Drive UX design and UI assets through each stage of production: concept, wireframe, prototype, implementation, and refinement through to final sign-off
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience.
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of experience in the gaming industry.
- Strong knowledge of software used in UI development, preferably including but not limited to: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Unity UI
- The ideal candidate has extensive experience in a UI/UX design role within the games industry and has shipped at least one commercial title
- The ability to communicate your vision to designers, artists, developers, producers, and others involved in the development process.
- Worked on creating a UI for atleast one game
- A keen interest in general in User Interface design, the field of User Experience, and the continued development of these subjects
- An appreciation of graphic design and typography trends, with an eye for composition, balance and readability
- Critical thinking ability to not only understand how a feature will improve the overall user experience, but also how it will move metrics and why it should be prioritized higher than other features.
- Excellent graphic design and visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Outstanding skills in designing and creating assets/visuals for games
Nice To Have:
- Love of mobile games: you’ll need to play a few competitor games extensively and try to deeply understand both our game and our competitors.
- Excellent cross-team communication skills.
- Excellent self-organization skills.
- Able to work to deadlines under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Open to receive and act on constructive criticism.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an open team environment.
- A positive attitude and a commitment to bringing fresh ideas to the team and the game.
- Excellent work ethic with diligence in time keeping and focused attention to detail.
What are we offering?
Exposure: Best-in-class learning and exposure to the global game industry having top level game development know-how and career progression
Culture: A progressive team and unmatched work environment with a flat hierarchy where you take ownership of your goals and become part of a team that will support and help you succeed.
Vacations: 5 weeks’ paid time-off per annum, wedding/paternal leave, paid sick leave
Comprehensive Benefits: Provident fund, full healthcare (in-patient & out-patient), fuel allowance, subsidized lunches, fitness allowance, gadget discounts, yearly bonuses.
Perks: HR events, team lunches, movie nights, monthly birthdays, company retreats, games/sports competitions and much more!
Disclaimer: Mindstorm Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, & performance.