Research Officer (M-Labs)
- Lahore, Pakistan
- Market competitive
Mindstorm Studios designs, develops, and markets some of the top games and interactive entertainment in the world today. That's the mission our founders began with back in 2006 and we continue to uphold and bring the highest quality products to market.
Mindstorm is partnered with Lion Studios, one of the world’s leading mobile games publishers, and we are headquartered in San Francisco with development in Lahore. Our products have been downloaded over 100 million times globally with #1 worldwide chart toppers like Super Salon, Flick Pool, and Alliance Wars.
We are catalyzing game development across a population of 220M to become the next big hyper casual games powerhouse. Our core programs include internships, incubation, a nationwide fellowship program and year round game jam events.
This position will be responsible to develop and provide research-based knowledge, skills & expertise in line with various parameters related to game development in Pakistan. Overall, you will be responsible to conduct background research (both qualitative and quantitative) on subject areas critical to the development of the aforementioned industry in Pakistan, which will in turn provision strategic support and advice on key industrial improvements through the creation of tools as well as policy and practice recommendations.
What will you be doing?
- Carrying out desk research, using a range of methods and sources of data, related to the game development industry of Pakistan.
- Define research problem statements and goals.
- Organise, design and carry out qualitative fieldwork.
- Collect data (both primary and secondary) through different tools and techniques (netrography, ethnography, interviews, surveys, focus groups, etc).
- Qualitative data analysis of primary and secondary data sets using various tools to uncover insights.
- Conduct qualitative analysis of data conducted through interviews, focus groups, workshops or other methods.
- Create indicators and KPIs that can be used to provide activities, outputs, outcome and impact.
- Assist in building tools and data visualization platforms to provide research blueprints.
- Working closely with others as part of a team and with external stakeholders to manage relationships and deliver work.
- Producing high quality and varied research outputs for a range of audiences including analysis, case studies, industrial reports and presentations where necessary.
- Taking responsibility for data and project management and administration as it relates to delivering work.
What are we looking for?
- A BSc degree is beneficial but not a dealbreaker. If you think you're up for the task, please do apply.
- At least 2 years of proven work experience in conducting research and writing reports.
- Entrepreneurial background/passion is a plus.
- Strong communication and community leadership skills.
- Experience of data analysis tools, including Excel, SPSS, SMart PLS, RStudio and STATA.
- A deeper understanding of inclusivity and access to knowledge for everyone.
- Compassion to drive societal change for the country’s youth.
Things that get you extra points
- Passion for creating sustainable impact.
- Ability to generate quality ideas on engagement and growth of community.
- Exceptional self-organization skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Open to receive and act on constructive criticism.
- Capability to collaborate in an open team environment.
What are we offering?
Exposure: Best-in-class learning and exposure to the global game industry having top level game development know-how and career progression
Culture: A progressive team and unmatched work environment with a flat hierarchy where you take ownership of your goals and become part of a team that will support and help you succeed.
Vacations: 5 weeks’ paid time-off per annum, wedding/paternal leave, paid sick leave
Comprehensive Benefits: Provident fund, full healthcare (in-patient & out-patient), fuel allowance, subsidized lunches, fitness allowance, gadget discounts, yearly bonuses.
Perks: HR events, team lunches, movie nights, monthly birthdays, company retreats, games/sports competitions and much more!
Disclaimer: Mindstorm Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, & performance.